This chair has been through a lot! I don't have a before shot but I will tell you that it came to me without a seat and in bad shape. I initially fixed the seat and have used it over the years as extra seating for holiday meals. It has landed in almost every room of the house.
The red paint used is Behr California Poppy with a darker version of that color underneath to add dimension. To get that darker color, I added black to the same red. The rest of the chair was painted in ASCP Old White and ASCP clear wax was applied overall. I used a kitchen towel for the seat. Yeah, that's right. A sale item from Target!
Before the finished product was done, I tried a different look on the back of the chair by scratching away some of the white paint to reveal red underneath. I used sand paper only at the line where the red met the white. I like the effect and hope to use it on something else.