What is the Liebster Award? In the blogging world, the Liebsters Award is given by seasoned bloggers to a new blog with 200 followers or less. Now it's my turn to bless a few other new bloggers. Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself
2. You must answer the questions the nominator set for you
3. You must create 11 questions for the people you nominate
4. You must choose 5-10 blogs that you love (w/less than 200 followers) and link them to your post and let them know they were nominated.
5. No tag back.
11 Random facts about me:
1. I don't wear lipstick or paint my finger nails.
2. I dream of owning a big truck some day... like a really big Ford F-150.
3. My favorite thing to do in the kitchen: saute fresh veggies!
4. I could eat pasta every day if I took the time to make it.
5. I've been known to "dance" in the car and sing loudly to my kids' music while driving them around town.
6. Purple is my favorite color.
7. I dont' mind my frizzy curly hair.
8. I'm impatient (working on that).
9. I don't like to talk about myself.
10. Favorite dessert is homemade cherry pie.
11. Favorite part of a furniture project: coming up with new ideas.
Questions from Rachel and Kristen:
1. What enticed you to start blogging? After making my way to a Ground Hog's Day antique fair last year, I came home and realized that I wanted to make my way into the world of buying, painting, and selling furniture. Blogging made it possible to connect and grow my small business.
2. What is your favorite, go-to furniture finish (top coat) and why? Minwax Wipe-On Polyurethane because it's super easy to apply.
3. Where do you find your inspiration for your unique style? Various places: literature, nature, architecture.
4. Where do you love to vacation? Beach. Beach. Beach.
5. What is your favorite thing to drink? Coffee.
6. What does a typical Saturday look like for you? Soccer and basketball games, cooking, spending time with my family.
7. What is your greatest guilty pleasure? An extra cup of coffee.
8. What is your biggest pet peeve? Laziness.
9. If you could live anywhere in the world for 1 year only, where would it be? Italy.
10. What is your favorite flower? Iris.
11. If you could only watch one show on television for the next month, what would it be? Salvage Dawgs on HGTV.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What enticed you to start blogging?
2. Where do you get your inspiration to create (other than pinterest, other bloggers, etc)? Dig deep here.
3. What DIY or creative project keeps you up at night?
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
5. If you could start a collection, what would it be?
6. If you were to start volunteering 5 hours of your time per week, where would you want to invest your energy and time?
7. What is your favorite, go-to furniture finish (top coat) and why?
8. If you were to add a room on to your house, what would it be?
9. What is your favorite era of furniture design (art deco, mid century, federal, etc)?
10. Favorite book?
11. Favorite color for walls?
Here are my nominations: