Some pieces just need a great paint job to reveal the beauty that sits dormant under years of grime and dust. I chose an elegant shade of light gray to compliment the amazing original hardware.
1. Cleaned it with TSP and vinegar and water
2. Primed the lower half, sanded the top with an orbital sander.
3. Stained the top with Minwax Dark Walnut, two coats.
4. Sealed the top with Varathane Floor Finish which is a great go-to sealer for stained surfaces.
5. Painted the base in a custom light gray mix.
6. Lightly distressed the base to compliment the patina of the hardware.
This is available in my etsy shop.
or on Facebook.