D E S I G N C O N C E P T
The design on the front of this mid century tallboy is the letter A, deconstructed and abstracted. This the fifth in a series called Deconstructed Letterforms. More of these dressers can be seen in my Idea Furniture collection. All ideas in that collection originated in my sketchbook and went through about 30-40 variations.
As part of the design process, angles were drawn on the drawer fronts then revised a few times. Pencil marks can be seen in various places on the dresser and have not been erased in an effort to emphasize how important process is in my work.
P R O C E S S
- Sketched about 40 variations on graph paper.
- Sanded the drawer fronts to the raw veneer then taped off the design using Frog Tape.
- Stained drawer fronts and removed tape.
- Sanded dresser and rolled four coats of General Finishes Milk Paint in Snow White.
- Sealed the entire piece with General Finishes High Performance Top Coat in Satin.
It's available for purchase and we deliver all over the country!
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter to get updates on available inventory, newly finished pieces, and blog posts on design!